27/05/12

Kimono Contemporary Contest 2012 for "Mamechiyo for Shu-uemura"

I guess this is my fifth competition that I enrolled so far. Lets start from the beginning.

During my week 1 of Semester 2, I was in Shanghai. At that time, Miss Tanya (my lecturer at my current school) told me and my seniors that Shu-uemura wanted to collaborate with RDI to make kimono contemporary for their newest products, "Mamechiyo for Shu-uemura".

Product detail:

Mamechiyo is a contemporary kimono designer from Japan. Her designs are AWESOME TO THE MAX!!!! So, she collaborates with Shu-uemura for making cleansing oil and make-up and something like that. She also designs the packaging as well.


Shu-uemura Indonesia collaboration with Raffles Design Institute Jakarta:
In the end, I decided to join. In 3 days, I have to design my own contemporary kimonos!! I also decided to make the flowers from fabrics based on concepts that Mamechiyo made, which were Fuji, Sakura, Botan, and Ume.
The best damn thing, there would be a voting section on May 23, 2012 and fashion show on May 26, 2012!!!! hha.. I was nervous to the max!!

These are my boards and illustrations: (ps: I attached fabrics and artificial flowers after the printing process)





I gave Shu-uemura 4 designs (one for each product), but I tried my best to give strong designs.

Few days after submission, Shu-uemura wanted to see "my brain" (aka my sketchbook --> to find the source of idea). Few days later, Miss Tanya told me that 3 of my 4 designs MADE IT TO TOP 13!! SAKURA, PLUM, AND BOTAN MADE IT!!!!!!!!!! and I had to sew 3 kimonos in 10 days!! I decided to let go my homework and made these kimonos!! (for the sake of Shu-uemura). I sew 210 flowers from fabric, my mom sew the kimonos, and my grandma helped me hand stitches.

Then, there was voting in Sency on May 5, 2012. I didn't know the result was because my grandpa passed away during the middle of the party. T_T
Created by Shu-uemura

Sakura by me :DD (Lydia)

Botan by me (Lydia) :DD

Plum by me (Lydia) :DD

May 4, 2012, I saw my designs (the Sakura and Botan) inside the window display!! yey!! :DD

*Luckily my grandpa saw these kimonos before he left :DDD

May 21, 2012, The announcement for top 8:
I MADE IT!! THE SAKURA (PINK) AND THE BOTAN (GREEN) ONES ARE IN!! THERE WOULD BE IN FOR THE FASHION SHOW!! TYL!! TYGrandpa!!

May 26, 2012: FASHION SHOW AND WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Yes, it was a hectic day. I ran from the fitting room to the stand with heels all the time. What do u expect?? my dad got hospitalized unexpectedly and my mom had to take him to the hospital (aka, I WAS ON MY OWN!!!!)
But the fashion show went well :DDDDDDD Very happy, my first and official and copy righted fashion show!!



The results were out and I WON FOR 2 CATEGORIES!! I DID IT!! HHA!! I WON FOR BEST CATEGORY FOR BOTAN AND BEST CATEGORY FOR SAKURA!! I DID IT LORD!!






THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND PRAYERS!! :DDD

Thanks to:
Lord Jesus Christ!!
My late Grandpa
Tailors: Grandma, My Mom
My Family and cousins
Miss Tanya Dove :DD
Raffles Design Institute Jakarta
Shu-uemura Indonesia
and all who were involved or not involved


Also congratulation for Grendy Jelius for best Fuji Category and Putri Arif for best Plum Category and Favorite winner.

ps: I will update "my mind" about this competition. hhe.. Thank you!!



4 komentar:

  1. congratulation! after all the hard work, it shows that you are very talented in what you are doing. keep up the good work, we are happy to have you in our show!

    best,
    shu uemura indonesia

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to collaborate with Shu-uemura!! :DDDDD I really really do appreciate it so much!

      -Lydia from Lyd's Designs

      Hapus
  2. You surely did a great job. Saw you at Shu Uemura's event ^^ The kimonos are nicely done, especially the pink sakura one :) Love it...

    -gabz-
    www.pururuworld.blogspot.com

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. hha.. thank you so much.. too bad i didn't know you back then.. :(
      thank u once again :DD

      Hapus